Farmer Tax School Series - Farm Specific Tax Code Benefits
January 25, 2022
7pm - 8:30pm
HostCentral New York Dairy and Field Crops
email Nicole Tommell
Join Cornell Cooperative Extension Farm Business Management Specialists from across the state for their virtual Farmer Tax School, offered in October 2021 through January 2022. This educational series offers courses designed to inform and empower farm managers to better understand their tax obligations, management strategies, and improve farm profitability. For more information, click here. You can register for one, some of, or all courses.
Each course, outlined below, has its own fee. There are scholarships available for those experiencing financial hardship. The courses will be offered virtually via live and interactive zoom webinar. For those without internet access, there will be a call-in option available with the opportunity to receive paper copies of the presentation via mail. Each presentation will be recorded and sent to those who are registered (even if you can't attend the live event).
This series has options for agricultural producers of all shapes, sizes, and time in business.
For farm businesses of all shapes and sizes, tune in to learn more about the tax advantages available for farms. This workshop will include information for the current tax season.
This program costs $10 per farm. Register online here. Registration required by January 22, 2022.
There are sponsorship opportunities available to help off-set the cost of the program. Farm Financial Services Providers are encouraged to join as a sponsor. This will add their name to a service directory that will be made available electronically and in print to all participants. Sponsorships are available for $100/organization and will also collect information about services offered, location, and contact information.
For more information, or for assistance in finding the course that is right for you, contact your regional Farm Business Management Specialist or any of the following planning team members:
- Bonnie Collins, CCE Oneida County, 315-335-4268, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Hadcock, Capital Area Agriculture and Horticulture, 518-380-1497, email@example.com
- Elizabeth Higgins, Eastern New York Commercial Horticulture, 518-949-3722, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Kate MacKenzie, South Central New York Dairy and Field Crops, 509-294-6073, email@example.com
- Dayton Maxwell, Capital Area Agriculture and Horticulture, 518-380-1498, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joan Petzen, Northwest New York Dairy, Livestock, and Field Crops, 716-378-5267, email@example.com
- Nicole Tommell, Central New York Dairy, Livestock, and Field Crops, 315-867-6001, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Katelyn Walley-Stoll, Southwest New York Dairy, Livestock, and Field Crops, 716-640-0522, email@example.com
Beef Quality Assurance
July 7, 2022
July 13, 2022
August 8 - August 9, 2022August 11, 2022
October 5 - October 6, 2022
Online Classroom Trainings and Chute-side Trainings. Pick one of each.
Topics covered include cattle nutrition, handling and vaccine protocols.
Sign Up for Our Weekly E-NewsletterWe send out a bi-weekly e-newsletter that has announcements, upcoming programs, and opportunities for you! Registration is quick, easy, and free. Click here to sign up today!
CCE Livestock Program Work TeamSee the Livestock Program Work Team website for news, upcoming programs, and NYS Slaughterhouse Map.
Farm Service Agency is Hiring!Internship/Temporary Positions through 9/30 available. Looking to fill 5 vacancies in Eastern New York.
Starting Pay $15-$20/per hour.
Deadline to apply is June 1, 2022. Send resume, by location: