Inspired by Annie's: Let's Elevate Your Marketing
April 5, 2022
April 12, 2022
April 19, 2022
April 26, 2022
11:30am - 1pm
CCE Broome County
email Laura Biasillo
This series will take place on Tuesdays in April (5th, 12th, 19th & 26th), from 11:30am-1pm - allowing for participation during flexible lunchtime hours. Annie's Project is taught by trained facilitators and is designed for farm women who have been in farming, or agri-business, or part of the food system for three to five years, and want to develop their understanding, interpretation, and opportunities in sustainable agriculture. Annie's Project gives farm women the opportunity to learn from female agricultural professionals and network with other women in similar situations.
Inspired by Annie's Project - Let's Elevate Your Marketing will take participants through a four week journey addressing all aspects of their farm marketing. By the end of the four weeks participants will --
- Learn how to conduct a brand audit of their farm or business and make updates/changes based on the audit
- Create a marketing strategy statement which reflects their target customer
- Create a social media strategy which meets their business goals
- Understand and evaluate which e-commerce platform makes the most sense for their farm, or products
- Learn to take great pictures
- Understand how targeted communication pieces can help meet their goals
The cost is $60 for the four-part series and registration is limited to enhance group discussions. Sessions will not be recorded. The cost includes copies of all presentations and worksheets, and support from a variety of community partners. To register, click here. For more information, contact Laura Biasillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tools for Farm Succession Planning Series
March 8, 2023
March 15, 2023
March 22, 2023
Do you have a plan in place for transferring your farm business to the next generation? This is a FREE 3-week series.
Hands-on Calving & Dystocia Workshop - Spanish Speaking Only
March 24, 2023
Registration for 8 Spanish speaking attendees only. English speaking waiting list available.
Apple Tree Pest and Disease IPM
March 28, 2023
1.5 DEC credits for categories 1a, & 22.
Dave Balbian is RetiringI have decided that it's time to retire. I find myself at a point in time where I'm now beginning to work with the 3rd generation of people on the farms in our region. It's time to bring in some new young blood into the team. June 28th will be my last official day on the job. I've enjoyed working with you all. The real satisfaction I've had with my work has been seeing producers take my advice and then be successful with it as they moved their business and family forward.
We're Hiring!Dairy Management Specialist
As the Dairy Management Specialist, you will plan, implement, and evaluate educational programs that address producer-identified needs and opportunities, emphasizing dairy management for dairy producers. Other responsibilities include:
- Providing producers and industry with a framework to analyze production and management alternatives and to maximize profit opportunities.
- Collaborate with a diverse mix of farms throughout the region (i.e., conventional, organic, large/small, artisan, processing, etc.) to develop and implement effective education and applied research programs.
- Analyzing and evaluating major program efforts with the input of all program partners and making recommendations for enhancing these efforts.
- Participating in regional, statewide, and national professional organizations.
- Initiating and conducting field demonstrations and in-depth applied research projects appropriate to the needs of commercial dairy production.
- Individually and collaboratively exploring and pursuing new and additional funding sources to enhance and extend program opportunities.
- Planning and implementing educational programs utilizing various methods, including direct teaching, group experiences, mass media, newsletters, electronic technology, and internet use.
- Preparing quarterly reports and yearly impact statements on program progress and accomplishments.