Manure Management & CAFO Permit Workshop - Ballston Spa
December 8, 2022
11am - 2:30pm
CCE Saratoga Auiditorium
50 W High St
Ballston Spa, NY 12020
Registration : $15.00
(addl attendee $15.00 ea.)
HostCentral New York Dairy and Field Crops
email Erik Smith
Lunch included. Registration will closed on Monday, November 30 or when the registration limit of 45 people is reached.
CCA credits available (1.5 Soil and Water Mgmt., 1.0 Nutrient Mgmt.)
This event will count as a DEC-approved manure applicator training for CAFO permitees.
CAFO General Permit (ECL SPDES GP-0-22-001)
PRO-DAIRY experts will discuss the following:
- An overview of the new CAFO general permit requirements (ECL SPDES GP-0-22-001)
- The fertilizer value and N-credits from manure
- Opportunities for utilizing food waste (co-digestion) for energy and nutrient recycling
- Green House Gas mitigation options during manure storage
- Manure storage options and solutions
*CANCELLED* Artificial Insemination Training Course ~ Spanish
June 12 - June 13, 2023
Little Falls, NY
*CANCELLED* Two-day course. Lunch included. The course will have classroom and practical components. Registration limited to 12 Spanish speaking individuals. AI tool kits also available for an additional cost.
Ardent Mills Tour and Marketing Local Grains
June 23, 2023
An education and networking opportunity for conventional & organic grain growers, organic grain buyers and ag professionals.