Register for this Event Now
Farm Asset Protection Strategies: Safeguarding Agricultural Legacies for Future Generations
February 7, 2024
10am - 2:30pm
CCE Schoharie County
173 S Grand St
Cobleskill, NY 12034
(addl attendee $10.00 ea.)
HostCentral New York Dairy and Field Crops
email Nicole Tommell
The CNYDLFC Team is proud to conduct a workshop on farm asset protection to help you preserve long-standing agricultural legacies. In these uncertain times, safeguarding valuable farm assets has become paramount to ensure our farming communities' continued success and sustainability.
Nicole Tommell and Steve Hadcock will be the presenters for this workshop. Nicole is a Farm Management Specialist with the Central New York Dairy, Livestock, and Field Crops Team. Steve Hadcock is a Beginning Farmer specialist with the Capital Area Agricultural and Horticultural Program. Nicole and Steve have many years of experience working with farm families on farm management and estate planning topics.
Topics included are:
- How can I use my current records to gauge how well my business is doing? Various suggestions will assist you in looking at your records differently.
- What can I do to retain employees? Ideas will be shared on how to get new employees off to a good start. Also, ideas on how to help retain employees as well.
- Am I ready to consider diversifying my business? Thoughts on how to approach evaluating the diversification of your farm business will be shared.
- When and how do I start the succession process? It is never too early to begin discussing farm succession/transfer. Topics will be covered to help you feel confident to begin the process for your business. Shared topics may help you with your process if you have already started.
Each participant will receive written materials and a flash drive containing various resources. Morning refreshments and lunch will be provided.
Other locations and times available:
- Wednesday, November 29: CCE Oneida County, Oriskany
- Thursday, November 30: CCE Genesee County, Batavia
- Friday, December 1: TASTE NY Building, Binghamton
Minority and Women-Onwed Business Enterprise (MWBE) Certification 101
December 13, 2023
Agritourism Monthly Workshops
September 18, 2023
October 16, 2023
November 20, 2023
December 18, 2023
Are you thinking of starting an agritourism business or are you currently operating one? Join our monthly lunch-hour, workshop virtual series and learn how to grow your agritourism business!
2024 Agricultural Marketing Webinar Series
January 8, 2024
January 22, 2024
January 29, 2024
February 12, 2024
February 19, 2024
March 11, 2024
March 25, 2024
Free webinar series